Welcome! If you need help with written material of any sort, you’ve come to the right place. Do you need…
- Help polishing something you’ve written, so it sounds just right?
- Help with a tough writing situation?
- Help expressing your thoughts, intentions or feelings?
- Just a quick check to see if you’ve written something correctly?
- Help portraying yourself well in a profile, résumé, cover letter or application?
- Technical writing help – instruction sheets, manuals, product or process descriptions, technical articles?
- Help with writing something in English, when it’s not your first language?
- Help writing that book trapped inside you, aching to get out?
HOW IT WORKS: Process and Prices
Here’s the working process I’ve found works well for my clients and gives them the best results:
- You tell me what you need. You send me a description of what you need. You can use the contact form (here) or email me directly: email@example.com. If you’d like to discuss the project over the phone, send your number and a good time to call.
- We work out a price. I’ll get back to you as quickly as possible (ordinarily in a day or less) and we’ll nail down what’s needed and how we’ll proceed – including time frame, cost estimate and payment details.
- I do the work. I’ll consult with you if needed along the way, and delivering the product for your review.
- Conditional: Adjustments. If you’re happy with the product as presented, cheers! If there’s anything you’d like changed, I’ll do it, and we’ll work back and forth until you’re 100% satisfied.
- Payment. We wrap up the financial side of things, and that will be it – until the next time you need some word work.
- Optional but greatly appreciated: tell your friends and colleagues about your experience, and how to find me. (When any of them become clients, you’ll find it was worth your while, next time you need my services.)
This same general pattern has worked for everything from quick polish-up of short letters or blog posts, to full website makeovers and even complete books.
Prices vary widely due to the many factors involved, so I don’t have a set fee schedule. My focus in every project is this: in the end, we’re both happy that the product is great and the price is fair.